- icon Call us: 905-597-4772
UMAREX BRODAX BB REVOLVER 4.5MM CO2
Type: BB Revolver
Materials: Mostly plastic with some metal construction
Weight: 586 g (1.3 pounds)
Barrel: 5.5 inches, non-rifled
Power Source: 12 gram CO2 x 1
Action: Revolver, single and double action
Ammo Type: 4.5mm steel BBs
Ammo Capacity: 10 rounds
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver is actually rather nice. If you decide to cock the hammer back and shoot it single action style then you get a little bit of that SAA Revolver like ratcheting sound. The trigger pull in single action mode is short with virtually no take-up and on the light side. Double action shooting with the Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver is not overly long or heavy either so action shooting is totally possible with this BB shooting CO2 revolver.
Accuracy: I can not comment so far on the shooting performance for the Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver since I have not shot it yet. The weather is getting nicer outside so that should happen pretty soon. The claimed FPS for the Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver is stated at only 375 which I find seems a bit low for a non-blowback fairly straight forward BB pistol with an almost 6 inch barrel so hopefully my testing shows performance up into the 400’s which I am hoping for. The open sights are non-adjustable but there are tons more options by taking advantage of the two rails top and bottom for adding either a red dot or laser to increased target shooting ability.
Build Quality: The Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver is pretty much an all metal pistol with the outer shell being made up of plastic, there is a fair bit of internal metal going on along with the trigger, hammer and of course the inner barrel made out of metal parts. Mechanically the Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver feels solid and even though it only weighs in at 1.3 pounds it feels much heavier in the hand.
Realism: The Umarex Brodax CO2 BB Revolver as far as I know is not an exact replica of any real steel gun currently in production. It’s basically a spin off of an ultra tactical .44 magnum revolver with a super beefed up front barrel assembly sporting all kinds of accessory options to be placed on the top and bottom rails. I like that Umarex made sure to recess the barrel opening so it has a more realistic barrel size. Like many new CO2 airguns coming out these days the CO2 is not only well hidden inside the grips but a handy Allen key is built into the handle.
- Not the heaviest revolver on the market but it feels really nice in the hand and has good balance, the weight is not bad at all and feels heavier than 1.3 pounds
- Trigger action is really good in both single and double action, short light single action trigger and totally usable double action trigger
- CO2 is well hidden with built-in Allen key in the handle
- Rails top and bottom for all kinds of accessory add-on options
- Barrel is recessed for that larger caliber look
- Nice and discreet safety
- Comes with three 10-shot easy to load rotary magazines
- Low-cost with high fun factor
- Grips are a bit hard to remove to get at the CO2, may work in over time?
- All black sights are not great on dark backgrounds and are non-adjustable
- Would have liked to see FPS into the 400 range